Monday 9 June 2008

Bodging in Euston Park

Had to leave early yesterday morning and it was quite an unpromising start - overcast , misty and drizzling a bit on the way to Thetford. But . . . by noon . . . I was glad I had that hat !
It's quite an alien environment - bodging in the middle of a hot field. I did have a cover but there wasn't enough space to put it up.


It was a very nice Country Show with loads to see and a good set of rural craftsmen. I chatted to some very interesting people but nobody was buying anything - thank god for the demonstrator's fee again. We were right opposite the arena for the Heavy Horses so we've seen them 2 weekends on the trot now.

No apologies for putting up more horse pics . . .


and especially this Suffolk Punch Mother & Child.

If we ever win the Lottery (ha ha) I'll have one of these to drag logs around in my forest.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You have a forest! You can't just slip that in!

(sulking)

Robin Fawcett said...

OK Andy you can cheer up.
Obviously the forest is also part of this Lottery win!

Anonymous said...

You can't win, Robin. Now I feel sad that you don't own your own forest. I hope your numbers come up so you can have your forest and Suffolk Punches to haul logs...and when you do...you know all those Oak burrs you can't turn on a pole lathe?...:)