Tuesday 14 April 2009

Register of Professional Turners

Today was the annual Craft Meeting of the Register of Professional Turners supported by the Worshipful Company of Turners.
Malcolm Cobb who is the chairman of the RPT phoned me a couple of weeks ago to ask if I would give a short talk about how I became a turner, what I do and how I do it. Good job it was only short as the guy talking before me rambled on and only left me about 10 minutes.
I emailed the photos I wanted to use to Stuart King - they started as JPEG images but somehow turned into bitmaps at his end. This completely destroyed the order they were in and threw my presentation somewhat. In fact there were some real gremlins active in Stuarts laptop today. Files wouldn't open, films wouldn't play and in the afternoon a new bursary was announced for Stuart to go on an IT course !

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry I missed your talk, Robin. Something came up at the last minute and I had to cancel.

Maybe you could do it again next year?

I had already heard all about the naughty laptop though!

Nice pooch btw.